Natural Light Solar Attic Fans
Natural Light’s Solar Attic Fan is a simple and environmentally sensible solution that can protect your home and even save you money. Powered completely by free solar energy, this sleek and efficient attic vent is compact, quiet and powerful! Simply, the function of a solar attic fan is to improve attic air circulation resulting in a healthy, energy efficient home. Solar attic fans pull hot air and moisture out of your attic extending the life of your roof. In summer months, it keeps your attic cooler helping reduce the load on your HVAC system. In winter months, it prevents moisture build-up and ice damming. Natural Light Solar Attic Fans are one of the best in their class with the highest standards for quality and functionality.
How It Works
Attic Venting Key Concepts
Attic ventilation is an important aspect of maintaining the structure of your home as well as saving energy. Improper attic venting can lead to moisture buildup that can cause mold growth and also cause wood rot. The key to proper attic ventilation is to create continuous air circulation throughout the attic space while preventing moisture from entering. In an ideal venting system, air should enter the attic from the eaves or soffits and escape outside at the roofs ridge.
Solar Attic Fans Work With Your Existing Passive Vents
If you’ve ever been in your attic, you know just hot the space can get, especially in summer months. The sun beats down on the roof surface and heats up the stagnant air inside the attic. Building codes require homes to have a passive vent system. But, passive ventilation does not provide the pressure needed to force the air through the attic and outside. That’s where a motorized fan comes in. An attic fan placed at the roofs ridge will pull air in from outside, force it to move through the entire attic space and escape through the attic vent. In summer months, a solar attic fan can reduce the temperature in an attic by up to 40°F!
Key Features of all Solar Attic Fans:
- Solar powered – operates for free during the day
- Adjustable solar panel bracket to achieve optimal solar exposure
- Low-profile unit blends seamlessly into roof line
- Water tight, will not leak and is maintenance free
- Fits any roof pitch and adapts to most roofing systems
- Stainless steel screen keeps out debris, bugs, bird and rodents
- Quick and easy installation – very few steps to complete
- No structural changes, wiring or painting required
Manufactured Using Only Quality Components:
- High impact adjustable solar panel – 12, 24, 36 or 60 watt available
- Seamless, commercial pure grade aluminum powder-coated housing
- Direct current, long-lasting, quiet motor with 25 year warranty
- 5-wind precision balanced fan blade – non-corrosive aluminum
- Stainless steel protective animal screen
- Seamless, commercial pure grade aluminum powder-coated flashing
Like traditional attic fans, solar attic fans remove hot, stagnant air from your attic which allows your air conditioner to more efficiently cool your house – cutting your energy costs up to 30% while extending the life of your HVAC. What makes solar attic fans even better is that they require no electricity. That means not only are your operational costs zero but installation is wire free and a breeze!
Solar attic fans are almost undetectable. With a sleek design for every rooftop, solar attic fans blend seamlessly into your roofline. And unlike an electric attic fan, they are extremely quiet. If it wasn’t for the energy savings, you might forget it’s there